Online Teacher Certification
Online teacher certification programs may be available to prospective teachers across the country from varying programs (requirements for online teacher certification programs and endorsements vary by state).
University of Phoenix Online. The intelligent path to education.
Featured Online Programs:
- Continuing Teacher Ed. Courses
- Master of Arts in Education/Administration and Supervision
- Master of Arts in Education/Curriculum and Instruction
- Master of Arts in Education/Curriculum and Instruction - Adult Education
- Master of Arts in Education/Curriculum and Instruction - Computer Education
- Master of Arts in Education/Early Childhood
- Master of Arts in Education/Special Education
- Master of Arts in Education/Teacher Ed. for Elementary Licensure
- Master of Arts in Education/Teacher Ed. for Secondary Licensure
Earn your college degree in the most efficient and convenient way possible.
Alternative Teacher Certification:
Alternative teacher certification programs may allow individuals from non traditional education backgrounds to become teachers. These types of programs help many individuals, including professionals such as accountants, lawyers, engineers, and business executives, transition to teaching careers. The National Center for Education Information (NCEI) has been polling the state departments of education annually since 1983 regarding teacher education and certification. According to their 1997 research, 41 states including the District of Columbia reported having some type of alternative teacher certification program.
State Teacher Certification Resources:
State department of education, teacher certification, and educator licensure related sites (provided as a resource and may or may not be the most authoritative state teacher certification information):
North Dakota Teacher Recertification,
Teacher Recertification for Ohio K12 teachers,